WRO 2014 in Sochi, Russia
WRO 2014 will take place in the Olympic city of Sochi on 21-23 November 2014. Sochi hosted the 2014 Winter Olympics - and this year will be the first time that a WRO
international final is hosted in an Olympic city in an Olympic year!
The World Robot Olympiad is an event for science, technology and education whichbrings together the young people all over the world to develop their creativity and
problem solving skills through challenging and educational robotics competitions. Schools are invited to enter a team of three students to participate in this competition. Participating teams need to create, design and build a robot models that look s or behave like a human athlete. The competition starts from preliminary to the final judging.
• Provide students an opportunity to expand their horizons through exploration of robots and robotic systems in the school.
• Introduce the concept of modern science into school's educational activities in science and technology.
• Provide an opportunity to promote creative thinking, improve communications and cooperation skills strengthen the ability to acquire new knowledge highly relevant towards progressive education.
• Bring together young people all over the world to develop creativity and problem solving skills through challenging and educational robot competition.
• To widen the youth's view in the application of science & technology, improve their learning efficiency & encourage our youth to be future scientists, engineers
Competitions in WRO
World Robot Olympiad organizes robotics competitions in three different competition categories:
The Regular category was the first competition introduced by WRO. It is a challenge based competition in which teams will build robots that are designed to solve a given
challenge set on a table. Later, the Open Category competition was introduced. The Open category is a theme based competition in which teams use their creativity and problem solving skills in constructing smart robotic solutions that complement the theme of the competition. In 2010, WRO introduced WRO GEN II Football for the first time and it is now an official competition in WRO. Here teams of two robots play a game of football (soccer) on a playing field.