HKCCCC Joint Secondary School Art Exhibition 2015
中華基督教會香港區會社會服務部長久以來是以實踐基督 的大 愛去推行社會服務，亦是本會認信的一個具體表徵，代表着本會屬下各堂校對香港社會的服侍。
現時本會社會服務部屬下有五個服務中心，分別為家庭支援服務中心、學校支援服務、臨床心理服務、家情軒及屯門特殊幼兒中心。而家情軒每天皆為屯門及元 朗的綜援及低收入家庭的學童提供課後支援及其他社教化的活動，而每年服務達84,532人次。除屯門特殊幼兒中心由政府資助外，其餘的服務單位沒有政府的 全面資助，收入除服務費外，其餘皆仰賴社會人士的捐助、籌款活動及其他基金的贊助，每年需從捐助及籌募等方式籌得港幣二百五十萬元始能有成。
（2）於2015年6月 6日「區會全港賣旗日」當 天，慷慨解囊，支持本會賣旗籌款活動。
WRO 2014 in Sochi, Russia
WRO 2014 will take place in the Olympic city of Sochi on 21-23 November 2014. Sochi hosted the 2014 Winter Olympics - and this year will be the first time that a WRO
international final is hosted in an Olympic city in an Olympic year!
The World Robot Olympiad is an event for science, technology and education whichbrings together the young people all over the world to develop their creativity and
problem solving skills through challenging and educational robotics competitions. Schools are invited to enter a team of three students to participate in this competition. Participating teams need to create, design and build a robot models that look s or behave like a human athlete. The competition starts from preliminary to the final judging.
• Provide students an opportunity to expand their horizons through exploration of robots and robotic systems in the school.
• Introduce the concept of modern science into school's educational activities in science and technology.
• Provide an opportunity to promote creative thinking, improve communications and cooperation skills strengthen the ability to acquire new knowledge highly relevant towards progressive education.
• Bring together young people all over the world to develop creativity and problem solving skills through challenging and educational robot competition.
• To widen the youth's view in the application of science & technology, improve their learning efficiency & encourage our youth to be future scientists, engineers
Competitions in WRO
World Robot Olympiad organizes robotics competitions in three different competition categories:
The Regular category was the first competition introduced by WRO. It is a challenge based competition in which teams will build robots that are designed to solve a given
challenge set on a table. Later, the Open Category competition was introduced. The Open category is a theme based competition in which teams use their creativity and problem solving skills in constructing smart robotic solutions that complement the theme of the competition. In 2010, WRO introduced WRO GEN II Football for the first time and it is now an official competition in WRO. Here teams of two robots play a game of football (soccer) on a playing field.
|Smart Parents - WRO2014 (Photo)|
|Video (The first trial)
Congratulations to our students who have won the Championship in the World Robot Olympiad 2014 at Sochi, Russia
On 4th October, our students participated in the World Robot Olympiad Hong Kong Selection 2014 with the theme organized by the World Robot Olympiad Hong Kong Regional Organizing Committee. They won the Championship in the Open Category in Hong Kong Selection. Our students, Lam Ka Chun, Mak Kin Wing and Leung Ho Kwan, were therefore invited to join the International World Robot Olympiad from 21st to 23rd November. Mr. Fung Wah Sing, the Vice-principal led the team to attend the competition. After the competition and a series of adjudications by a panel of international judges, our team was awarded the Championship of the Open Category of the World Robot Olympiad, 2014. They sent the following photographs from Sochi.